I travel 28 weekends out of the year for work. Exciting? Yes. Exhausting? Also, yes. Traveling can really take it out of you. The lines, the invasive pat-downs, taking off your shoes. Traveling since 9/11 has become drastically more difficult, but I’m here to help. I have the best travel items to ensure your carry-on is organized and lovely, making your travel experience as pleasant as possible.
1. Lo & Sons OG Bag – This bag is my life. It has compartments for everything. Don’t believe me? Watch the video. I’m completely obsessed and get compliments when heading through security. I have the black/tan/gold.
2. Happy Plugs Earbuds – Earbuds are key. Whether it’s listening to music, an audiobook or catching up on the latest episode of Scandal earbuds are a key item for me. I love my gold happy plug earbuds.
3. Travel Wallet – A travel wallet is a must. I received a yummy Kate Spade one for my birthday. I love how they have a pocket for your boarding pass and your passport. No need to fish around your carry-on for either, each item is tucked neatly away with it’s assigned spot. It makes 5:00 AM security lines a bit more pleasant.
4. Cashmere Pillow and Blanket – Have you ever used an airplane blanket? Yuck. I’m always nervous I’ll get the blanket that actually isn’t new and has some sort of fungus or lice. Gross. A travel blanket, neck pillow, and eye-mask allows you to sleep away your flight and feel a bit more at home.
5. Tieks – I wrote a review on these puppies a while back here, but I can’t tell you enough how much I love my Tieks. The best travel flat around. So easy to slip on and off when going through security, and they feel like pillows for your feet. Cutie colors for every outfit, lovely packaging upon arrival, and a customer service team who is out of this world. I adore Tieks and everything they stand for… get them. You won’t regret it.
Do you travel often? What are your to-go’s for travel essentials? I’d love to hear them!